Tuesday, April 23, 2013

HOLY MOLY!



HOLY MOLY I’M ON TOP OF THE WORLD HAPPY! This week was so freakin good! We were SO busy and the work is booming!!! Everywhere in our mission... not just in our city! God is really blessing the people of Russia!
This guy came up to us almost in tears and he said that he was having a really hard day but looked up and saw us and pulled over immediately to come talk to us... he said that he had no idea who we were but when we were walking around together in our white shirts he said that we looked like angels... so we talked with him and he has to meet with the other elders because he doesn’t live in our area... but how cool is that!?
Olga's baptism got moved to this Saturday because she wants the members to be there and this way they will be able to... and also she can get the Holy Ghost the day after her baptism! But she is doing awesome! We are so excited for her! It’s been amazing to see the gospel change her life!
I am really grateful for my big fur coat and my hat.  It is still pretty nippy here and it keeps on snowing.  We have a couple of good days where it warms up a bit, but those haven’t come very often.
Also...my bed is a giant sponge... no joke. Just a big foam sponge... my covers/sheets are fur!  Welcome to Russia.
The sidewalks are pure ice here but I haven’t fallen yet.  We were walking to this apartment complex and had to walk across this path thing... but it filled with water and then froze... so we crossed it because we had to, to go to this appointment and right in the middle of it the ice broke and we fell through... COOOOOOLD!!! We fell in like up to our knees it was SO COOLD! The coldest thing I’ve ever experienced ever!  Later in the week we got 2 AK 47's pulled on us.  What an experience. They thought we were breaking into our branch building because the alarm went off and so we are inside and these cops show up and are just yelling at us and pointing their guns at us. But the office gave us this like top secret clearance magical thing where we just pull it out and it basically says we have the right to be here and then we explained the situation and it was all good. also... some random drunk punks came up to us and pointed something to our chests and said "I’m  going to shoot you" and I looked down and it turns out it was a little keychain of a gun... not exactly sure how someone intends to shoot me with a keychain... but whatevs.. He was crazy, so we just walked away.
The lord really blesses his missionaries so much. The members here are so great!  I am serving in the Branch Presidency and love our Branch!  I am really enjoying my time here, I love the people!
I miss you all so much and really I love you all and thank you for all your support. Can’t wait to hear from you soon! :)
Elder Sven Ninow
старейшина стефэн александр ниноув

No comments:

Post a Comment