Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Don't Forget Your Roots My Friends







I will admit that when I heard Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" in the grocery store today, my heart longed to cruise down Sunnyside with all of you in John's Expedition, Matty's 4-Runner, or even the beloved Rav, with the windows down, singing our little hearts out. Such good times, I miss them and all of you dearly! 

Since my last post, I've relocated from Provo, to...Miami! I'm taking my talents to South Beach! (Fun Fact: missionaries aren't allowed to go to South Beach, it's what we call a "red zone"...too many girls, not enough clothes if you know what I mean) So yes as you may or may not have heard, I am in Miami, in a part of town called El Portal. It's ghetto. So what am I gonna do? Well naturally I'm gonna "Hit 'em wit a little ghetto gospel!" The day I can listen to Tupac again will be oh so sweet. I serve in a Spanish ward and my Spanish is subpar to say the least. The worst is when Elder Patino, my fluent-native-speaker-trainer, makes me leave voicemails in Spanish! They don't teach you how to do that in the MTC! I make a fool of myself almost daily. Oh well, all I can do is laugh & study my Spanish harder! So like always, I am very busy. Missionary work is hard and can often test your patience and faith, but tests help us learn! (Except maybe Ms. Mayall's chem tests, thanks to Rily I don't think I learned one single thing in that class. I owe you one Ri!) 

Well boys I must wrap up, P-day ends in a few minutes and then it's back to work! Know that I love every single one of you as a brother and that I pray for you always. Can't wait to hear about what you're all up to! Until next time, in true Gardner fashion, let me leave you with some song lyrics:


                         Don't forget your roots my friends,
                         Don't forget your family,
                         Don't forget your roots my friends,
                         the ones who made you, the ones who brought you here

                                                                 Six60


Gardner
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment