Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I've been reinspired...


 
Alright guys, with glanges recent post after a long hiatus, I've been reinspired to write something, so....leggo! Im gonna focus on whats happened recently for now instead of trying to go back all the way to the summer and my euro and Guatemala trip (cuz then i feel obliged to write EVERYTHING haha). Im back at Pomona, ive got a sweet dorm thats a single in the same building as I was last year. It has a door straight outside which is killer, and the building is the nicest of all the ones on south campus (mostly freshman and sophomores). Only problem was that for the first week (until about two days ago) it was SCALDING HOT! ;) But seriously it was consistently 88 F in my room, needless to say Amy and I got the biggest, best fan we could find, and i still nearly died. Oh also its a decent size room, plenty of room for a bed on the floor or whatever...at home homies, im looking at you over a break...or away homies, maybe shoot over for a weekend from NY, FL, BZ (whatever, yeah i made up that shorthand for brasil), CL (CH is taken by switzerland, ja, pretty sure they dont know how to spell), USSR...;) and of course CArifornia, etc, that would be totes cool. 

Im taking Organic chem with lab (shut up Roach, i dont even want to hear about how great/easy it is, its not!), Sociology, Psychology, and German film and media studies. I thought my schedule would be kinda garbage, but I actually really like all my classes, expect maybe that first one, although its not awful just yet--too early in the semester. Im also signed up for intermediate tennis which has been super fun, despite the fact some people are a little better than intermediate and idk what theyre doing in that class haha. Im trying to get into friday soccer, but the best thing Ive been doing with my time has been rockclimbing! I got a pass to a nearby gym for $80 for the semester including equipment rentals, so needless to say, pretty dank deal that I didnt dare decline (POP QUIZ: which rhetorical device was just used? if youre an english/journalism potential major serving a mission in FL you have to answer!!). And my good friend who lives right next to me, Luke, has a car so we can drive there. Its supa fun, highly recommend when yall get back home soon!

for J-COBB: on my cruise in the Mediterranean I became good friends with these Brasilian girls, so now I know how to say some stuff like mea nome e Pelle, boa noite, amanhã, beijo Oh yeah! and i really want to visit Brasil for the world cup this next summer... and ive got an invite to visit those friends...who happen to live is são paulo...where someone else I know might live...so....!!!!


Take it easy boys, you know I love you all dearly!

Pdub



First three pics--my dorm room. Second to last picture is how i do reading, in my fully reclining lawn chair, in my room. Last picture was in our guatemalan hotel, it was everything I had to not 'deface' the picture by finishing the signature!





No comments:

Post a Comment