Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ski+Beach in same day? I think yes!



                                     
                                      



Finally got to do the ultimate Cali steez and go ski in the morning and then hit the beach in the afternoon, courtesy of going to the BEST SCHOOL ON EARTH!!! (think Other Guys here). Anyways we left at 6:15 in the morning which meant I had to get up at the ungodly hour of 5:20 to get loaded and stuff, but totes worth it! So we took two big buses (like a Le Bus) to the resort about an hour away. Of course the driver took the wrong road cuz lets be honest, it was hard to tell where the snow even was. When we pulled in the parking lot I def thought we were going to have to take the lift up to a higher part of the mountain and then ski up there, but nope, apparently not how they roll! After we rented some gear (that made me appreciate my own stuff haha) we came to the most important decision of the day: what to wear. We knew it would be hot, and so eventually decided to be DFTH and capture the true spirit of ski-beach day. I took off my ski pants and coat and wore my swimsuit and a tank top. It was great.

First run I saw some nwb skiing backwards and looking between his legs, pretty sure not on purpose, cuz he quickly got to the end of where the snow existed and crashed hard onto the dry rocks that were everywhere but the 10-20 m wide run haha. Sad but also a little funny. We found a higher lift and ended up taking that all day and there was a little terrain park on the way down which was kinda fun. But besides the skiing two buddies of mine and me took our skis off halfway and went for a mini hike, layed out, and juggled pinecones in ski boots. Good times, not much pow. Hahaha. Just check the pictures…Oh also people were doing pond skimming the last run which was too bad cuz I wanted to try. But basically theres like a 50' long pool that you approach going fast and try to waterski basically across on skis or a board. Some people made it and it was tight!

Went down to Newport beach and it was cloudy and colder than at the resort, maybe 60F? Went in the water anyways just cuz you have to for ski beach day, otherwise youre lame. Turned out to be pretty fun and not feel that cold (as it was already quite chilly outside so the temp difference wasn’t too bad). Did some bodysurfing and took some pics with my goPro. Also walked along the beach and saw a dead baby seal which was sad. Of course when we got back from the walk everyone was already in line for the tacos, horchata etc, that was being catered so Vinay and I waited like 30-40 minutes L But def worth it cuz they were delish! Pounded 3 and some rice and beans and then immediately polished off three more.

Anyways that’s a brief overview of my Friday (Cesar Chavez day so no school), how was yours?!? Cali treats me well!

Hope all is well, and take it easy!

Pdub

No comments:

Post a Comment